Draft Profile: BioAfter high school, Shropshire opted to join UAB.
In 2020 as a freshman Shropshire saw action in 9 games for the Blazers as he made 14 receptions for 311 yards for an average of 22.2 yards per reception, with 2 TDs, and only QB rating when targeted of 54.5.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played 13 games and had 27 catches for 702 yards for an average of 26.0 yards per catch, with 7 TDs, and QB rating when targeted of 105.0.
As a junior in 2022 he played 11 games and hauled in 35 catches for 740 yards for an average of 21.1 yards per catch, with 5 TDs, and QB rating when targeted of 95.1.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- Has a tall frame and long arms, plus strong hands, giving him a huge catch radius.
- Although Shropshire is more of a possession target than a field stretcher, he fiercely competitive demeanor and run-after-catch ability make him a major threat in the middle of the field.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Balanced, savvy route runner with top field awareness, setting up and selling routes beautifully.
- He’s a fluid athlete with excellent short-area quickness; he should be able to create separation, and he has the straight-line speed to threaten down the seam.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- He’s not going to threaten to take the top off of a defense.
- Hands are good, not great. Will drop some easy balls and sometimes will body catch. Occasionally fails to high point.
- Shropshire has constantly ran a limited route tree.
Trea Shropshire percentiles vs other Wide Receiver's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Trea Shropshire (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank