Draft Profile: BioTroy Omeire from Fort Bend Austin High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Omeire opted to join Texas.
In 2022 as a freshman Omeire saw action in 4 games for the Longhorns as he made one reception for only 9 yards for an average of 9.0 yards per reception, with no TDs, and QB rating when targeted of 104.2.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Tracks the ball well downfield and shows good ball skills, including the ability to go up and high-point it in contested-catch situations.
- Although Omeire is more of a possession target than a field stretcher, he fiercely competitive demeanor and run-after-catch ability make him a major threat in the middle of the field.
- Solidly built with good overall size and bulk - has long arms and does a nice job extending to create a large catching radius.
- Omeire has reliable hands and shows the willingness to make catches in traffic over the middle.
- Strong runner with the ball with enough agility to make defenders miss in the open field.
- Has good body strength to squirm out of tackles with the coordination to maneuver his frame between defenders.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Omeire doesn’t have the ability as a run blocker or the violent run-after-catch ability.
- His playing speed is less than elite. He won’t run past defenders like Omeire did at the college level.
- Omeire has constantly ran a limited route tree.
Troy Omeire percentiles vs other Wide Receiver's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Troy Omeire (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank