Draft Profile: BioTroy Omeire from Fort Bend Austin High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Has the size, length, and strength to defeat press jams. Can make the spectacular catch. A decent open-field runner with some agility and the ability to break tackles.
- He’s a creative runner with good vision in the open field. He’ll contribute as a run blocker on the perimeter. He’s also a possible return specialist.
- Omeire catches the ball with his large, soft hands and is tough. Deceptive jets and a smooth route runner.
- Shows good sense as a route runner and provides an enormous catch radius over the middle of the field. Omeire has soft hands and uses his frame effectively to shield defenders, making him a major threat in the red zone.
- He’s a coordinated hands catcher who does a nice job digging out low throws. He’s very good with the ball in his hands, a violent runner after the catch, and often able to fend off defenders with a straight arm.
- Fearless in traffic. Very good hand-eye coordination with large, soft hands. Plays confident. High-points the ball. Strong possession receiver.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Omeire doesn’t have the ability as a run blocker or the violent run-after-catch ability.
- Comes off the snap high and upright, and doesn't get to top speed quickly. Not sudden or elusive.
- A straight-line athlete with only average speed, lacking the wheels to run away from anyone at the next level. Struggles separating in tight coverage.
How other scouting services rate Troy Omeire (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank