- Quicker than he is fast but has a burst to close in zone coverage and plays physical at the line in man.
- Flashes some physicality as a hitter.
- Physical run supporter in the Antoine Winfield mold with short-area explosiveness to leave his mark on ballcarriers.
- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- Aware in the red zone, stays on the back line to take away fade throws. Capable of making quarterbacks pay for late throws.
- Competes for the ball and has good anticipation skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Gives up his body in run support with a very good closing burst.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Has tense ankles and hips with choppy footwork when attempting to redirect and doesn't always look natural changing directions.
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit. Needs to show better tackling technique to consistently finish.
How other scouting services rate Tykee Smith (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank