Draft Profile: BioWarren McClendon from Brunswick High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, McClendon opted to join Georgia.
In 2019 as a freshman McClendon saw action in just 3 games and played a total of 19 snaps for the Bulldogs. He allowed no QB hurries, no QB hits, and no sacks while playing sparingly.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played in 10 games and a total of 595 snaps. He conceded a solid 8 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 2 sacks while playing at right tackle.
In 2021 as a junior McClendon saw action in 15 games and totaled 850 snaps. He gave up a solid 6 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and no sacks while playing at right tackle.
In 2022 as a senior McClendon saw action in 13 games and played a total of 720 snaps for the Bulldogs. He allowed a solid 7 QB hurries, one QB hit, and no sacks while playing most of his snaps at right tackle.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- He’s a coordinated athlete who can win at the point of attack in the run game, and McClendon can also move to consistently land blocks at the second level.
- Has the functional strength to hold up against the bull rush, and he shows exceptionally quick and precise hands.
- Plays with natural leverage and has the strength to anchor against the bull rush. McClendon also packs a violent initial punch that can stand up pass rushers.
- Shows excellent awareness against twists and stunts, and he has the strong, flexible core and wide base to catch and handle moving defenders.
- As a pass protector, he plays with good balance and holds up against the bull rush. McClendon has strong hands and does a nice job gripping and latching on once he has his hands on the pass rusher.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- He’s shaky as a pass protector, which is troublesome for the next level. McClendon often plays too high with an inconsistent kick slide.
- Has fairly heavy feet, struggling to mirror against quicker defenders. McClendon lacks the range to get out as an effective puller, and McClendon can often look stiff when moving out into space and zeroing in on bodies.
- Whiffs on blocks after beaten initially and lacks range and lateral quickness. Plays too high and without proper leverage, pad level and can be passive.
- Loses leverage battles and plays with high pad level. Can be late off the snap.
How other scouting services rate Warren McClendon (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank