Draft Profile: BioWilliam Poole attended Hapeville Charter High School and was rated a 4-star prospect by 247 Sports with a scout's rating of 0.922, going unranked by ESPN. Following high school, Poole opted to join Georgia after being heavily recruited.
In 2018 as a freshman Poole saw action in 8 games and played a total of 128 snaps at cornerback for the Bulldogs. He recorded 10 tackles, one assist, while adding 6 stops. In coverage Poole notched up no pass breakups, no interceptions, and a disapointing QB rating when targetted of 133.8.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in just 3 games and logged 42 snaps for the Bulldogs. He made just 3 tackles, no assists, and had no stops. In coverage he totaled no pass breakups, no interceptions, and QB rating when targetted of 64.6.
In 2020 as a junior Poole played in 5 games and contributed on 40 snaps. He chalked up just one tackle, no assists, and added no stops. In the secondary Poole forced no pass breakups, no interceptions, and gave up QB rating when targetted of 56.3.
In 2021 as a senior Poole saw action in 7 games while playing 273 snaps. He logged 12 tackles, 3 assists, and made 8 stops. In coverage Poole had 4 pass breakups, no interceptions, and surrendered a QB rating when targetted of 92.7.
In 2022 as a fifth year senior Poole saw action in one game while playing 12 snaps. He logged no tackles, no assists, and made no stops. In coverage Poole had no pass breakups, no interceptions, and surrendered an elite QB rating when targetted of .0.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- His ball skills are very good. Poole tracks the ball well downfield and has the hands and coordination to come away with interceptions even when Poole isn’t targeted often.
- Fluid mover with decent speed and his length allows him to cover effectively downfield
- Top-end speed is good and is capable of turning and running in press coverage. Poole also shows good instincts when sitting back in zone and looking into the backfield.
- Good agility and balance when shadowing his target. Competitive player.
- Can get up on the line of scrimmage and deliver a solid punch early in routes, then use that quickness to shadow, or back off and close quickly when the ball comes out
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Neither his size nor his straight-line speed would be considered elite
- Fails to maintain inside technique in man coverage. Not a press corner.
- Feet aren’t ideal, as Poole gets sloppy in his backpedal and can be sluggish when transitioning to close on the ball.
- Needs to develop a better understanding of route combinations and better overall vision.
William Poole percentiles vs other Cornerback's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate William Poole (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank