- He catches the ball with his large, soft hands and is tough. Deceptive jets and a smooth route runner.
- Good effort and technique as a blocker for his size. Can beat the press with elusiveness or physical contact. Runs crisp routes with sharp cuts.
- Does a nice job locating and tracking deep passes and is a legitimate vertical threat. Willing to go up and attack the ball.
- A versatile weapon, proving to be effective inside in the slot and outside on the perimeter. Makes plays at all levels of the field.
- Often used on deep routes, getting separation down the sideline or over the middle on crossing routes by extending his arms rather than pure speed.
- Strong runner with the ball with enough agility to make defenders miss in the open field.
- Balanced, savvy route runner with top field awareness, setting up and selling routes beautifully.
- Has good body strength to squirm out of tackles with the coordination to maneuver his frame between defenders.
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
- Comes off the snap high and upright, and doesn't get to top speed quickly. Not sudden or elusive.
How other scouting services rate Xavier Hutchinson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank