- Tremendous explosion; accelerates low with power. Relentless blindside pursuit; tracks down ballcarriers across the field.
- He has the classic frame and long arms with some explosion, power and ability to close.
- Offers some versatility, rushing from a two-and three-point stance with the playing speed to stand up in space. Flashes strength as a bull rusher and his energy doesn't plateau.
- Flashes nimble feet to chase running backs and mobile quarterbacks to the sideline when lined up at end. Spins off blocks to get back into the play.
- Good lateral agility to elude. Plays on the balls of his feet and shows enough balance and flexibility to quickly turn and pursue laterally and downfield. Plenty of athletic talent worthy of developing.
- Possesses accurate snap anticipation and timing to beat blockers off the edge.
- He's not an elite pass rusher and projects as a left end in a 4-3 defense. If he layers on more muscle, he might fit in the 3-4. Size, strength and versatility should push him into the top 75 picks.
- Has a solidly built frame with good upperbody strength and tenacity. Works hard to get to the ball. Plays fast with good initial quickness and closing speed to create havoc in the backfield.
- Average strength at the point. Loses the ball and lacks seasoning and attention to detail.
- Stands up well against the run but is very pursuit-conscious and will take unneeded wide angles.
How other scouting services rate Xavier Thomas (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank