- Soft, reliable hands center the big target for quarterbacks. Shields the defense and will let the ball into his pads to protect it when about to absorb a big hit over the middle.
- Has a strong, athletic frame with room for an additional 10 pounds of muscle mass.
- Knee-bend and technique are good and he shows decent power when his hands hit the target.
- Has extremely good, soft, natural hands. Consistently makes the clean catch.
- Good strength and effort to run through arm tackles.
- Has enough speed to challenge the seam but does not possess elite top-end speed.
- He is a highly competitive player and quickly gets to the perimeter, blocking well in space and at the second level.
- A glider, moves faster than he appears but lacks the top-end speed to be a real threat down the seam.
- Only average lateral agility to elude and might not be fast enough to be a consistent threat down the seam against NFL competition.
- Isn't agile for a tight end. Might have real trouble getting open at the next level.
How other scouting services rate Austin Allen (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank