- Not the biggest, strongest or fastest but does enough with preparation and instincts to get a look. Not big or tenacious as a blocker in the passing game.
- Quick feet with good vision to pick through defenses. He has solid hands and body control and is a reliable receiver.
- Doesn't possess elite breakaway speed, but is fast enough to gain yardage in chunks when he finds a seam.
- Shows a surprising burst to beat linebackers to the edge. Can plant his foot in the ground and explode, showing better straight-line speed than expected.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Not elite in his vision or strength, he has enough all-around game to be a three-down player at the next level
- Does not always read blocks behind pulling guards. May not be big enough to move piles at the next level and has a tendency to bury his head too soon.
- Not the most instinctive runner and too often tries for the big play, dancing and losing yards. Lacks the natural power to push the pile and feels more comfortable avoiding contact.
- Lacks size to be a true power back, will not move piles at the next level.
- Has a lean frame and lacks ideal bulk or muscle for the position. Doesn't have great strength, lacking a power element to his game to break many tackles.
Amare Jones percentiles vs other Running Back's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Amare Jones (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank