- Stout and feisty. Will engage, shed and securely wrap the ballcarrier. Very fluid hips, backpedal and change-of-direction agility.
- Extremely aggressive to come up and put his body in traffic to make tackles.
- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- Has at least adequate straight-line speed and good balance, fluidity to change direction.
- A coordinated athlete with good footwork and balance. A heady cover player with above-average · feel and anticipation in space.
- Needs work on backpedaling to prevent defenders from getting behind him.
- Vulnerable to big plays trying to bait the quarterback.
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit. Needs to show better tackling technique to consistently finish.
- Has tense ankles and hips with choppy footwork when attempting to redirect and doesn't always look natural changing directions.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
How other scouting services rate Antone Williams (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank