- Has at least adequate straight-line speed and good balance, fluidity to change direction.
- Trusts his eyes with very good awareness. Has very good reaction skills to break quickly on the ball.
- Alert defender for zone coverage, showing good understanding of route progressions occurring behind him and a quick burst downhill to break on underneath passes in front of him.
- Stout and feisty. Will engage, shed and securely wrap the ballcarrier. Very fluid hips, backpedal and change-of-direction agility.
- Aware zone cornerback who is also adept in man coverage, flashing physical hand punch at the line and straight-line speed to stay with receivers downfield.
- Vulnerable to big plays trying to bait the quarterback.
- Will slip off tackles and needs to finish more consistently.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Has suspect instincts in coverage and needs to show better pre snap recognition.
- Lacks the recovery speed to catch receivers if he waits for them to arrive.
Bryce Watts percentiles vs other Cornerback's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Bryce Watts (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank