- Not truly explosive, but possesses enough speed to beat linebacker to the edge.
- Doesn't possess elite breakaway speed, but is fast enough to gain yardage in chunks when he finds a seam.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Flashes initial burst and good lateral quickness to sidestep defenders or bounce runs outside with very good foot quickness. Displays very good feel as an inside and outside runner with above average vision to make sharp cuts - good patience· and footwork to pick through defenses.
- Possesses quick feet and straight-line speed but doesn't have the elite burst to be a constant big-play threat. Improving patience as a runner, following pulling guards and makes good decisions on his cut.
- Does not always read blocks behind pulling guards. May not be big enough to move piles at the next level and has a tendency to bury his head too soon.
- Has a lean frame and lacks ideal bulk or muscle for the position. Doesn't have great strength, lacking a power element to his game to break many tackles.
- Offers little in pass protection and poor technique cut blocking, fails to do more than slow down blitzers by laying down in front of them.
- Not elite in his vision or strength, he has enough all-around game to be a three-down player at the next level
- Lacks size to be a true power back, will not move piles at the next level.
Charles Williams percentiles vs other Running Back's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Charles Williams (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank