Drafted: ROUND: 6 - Pick Number: 208 (PIT)
- Demonstrated the ability to track the ball over his shoulder. Good flexibility and balance to adjust to the poorly thrown pass. Good vision and patience for screens.
- Has good footwork for a back of his size with moderate quickness to avoid tacklers. Runs determined and has reliable hands.
- Solid receiver in the flat, capable of running through tackles on the edge to move the chains. Flexible enough to catch passes thrown behind him.
- Has quick feet for a big man with balance and toughness, but isn't explosive or shifty enough to make guys miss and lacks any dynamic qualities. If he embraces his powerback qualities, he could surprise as a short-yardage runner with solid hands.
- Thick frame and runs with power, showing the leg drive to push the pile. Runs balanced and close to the ground with the natural strength to stay on his feet through contact as defenders slip off of him - load to tackle and runs through arm tackles.
- Has surprising burst for a back with his build but, despite some long runs over his career, has limited straight-line speed and can be caught from behind.
- Loses momentum when he gears down to change direction and it takes him a few steps to accelerate back to full speed. Appears indecisive; will dance too much at the line of scrimmage. Lacks natural playmaking ability.
- Has average speed and is slow to build to top speed with too much stiffness in his movements to make defenders miss. Size indicates he should break through tackles more consistently.
- Too indecisive and hesitant at the line of scrimmage.
- May not break away from NFL defenders. Has had fumbling issues and doesn't shift the ball to outside arm.
Connor Heyward percentiles vs other Running Back's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Connor Heyward (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank