Draft Profile: BioDeuce Vaughn from Cedar Ridge High High School was rated a 3 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Vaughn opted to join Kansas State.
In 2020 as a freshman Vaughn saw action in 10 games for the Wildcats as he ran for 642 yards on 121 attempts for an average of 5.3 yards per carry, with 7 TDs, and no fumbles. As a receiver he made 25 receptions for 434 yards.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played in 13 games. and rushed for 1409 yards on 234 carries for an average of 6.0 ypc, with 18 TDs, and one fumble. In the passing game he pulled in 49 receptions for 468 yards.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Has the feet and feel running between the tackles and in the open field. He has very good vision and patience to pick through defenses.
- Flashes initial burst and good lateral quickness to sidestep defenders or bounce runs outside with very good foot quickness. Displays very good feel as an inside and outside runner with above average vision to make sharp cuts - good patience· and footwork to pick through defenses.
- Good stiff-arm. Craft runner. Sets up his blocks and senses defenders leaning, showing the ability to cut quickly to avoid them. Has experience, burst, and vision to be a kickoff returner.
- Elusive, pogo stick-quick back with excellent initial burst and very good long speed. Gets to top speed quickly. Turns the corner and accelerates smoothly with vision to cut or stop-and-start. Tough enough to attack the hole inside and uses electric lateral agility to avoid. Breakaway threat has improved as a receiver.
- Possesses very quick feet to accelerate through the hole. Good lateral agility and balance to avoid defenders in tight quarters and can make would-be tacklers look silly in the open field. Surprisingly powerful for his short stature due to a strong lower body, good forward lean and determined running.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Has a lean frame and lacks ideal bulk or muscle for the position. Doesn't have great strength, lacking a power element to his game to break many tackles.
- Size will be a detriment between the tackles at the next level. Lacks the strength to push the pile or break off NFL linebacker tackles inside. Can be brought down or knocked back by strong arm tackles. Can be steamrolled by NFL defensive ends or leapt in a single bound by most pass rushers if he attempts to chip block.
How other scouting services rate Deuce Vaughn (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank