Drafted: ROUND: 6 - Pick Number: 212 (DAL)
Draft Profile: BioDeuce Vaughn from Cedar Ridge High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Vaughn joined Kansas State.
In 2020 as a freshman Vaughn saw action in 10 games for the Wildcats as he ran for 642 yards on 121 attempts for an impressive 5.3 yards per carry, with 7 TDs, with no fumbles. As a receiver he made 25 receptions for 434 yards.
As a sophomore in 2021 he played 13 games. and rushed for an elite 1409 yards on 234 carries for an impressive 6.0 ypc, with 18 TDs, with one fumble. In the passing game he pulled in 49 receptions for 468 yards.
In 2022 as a junior Vaughn saw action in 13 games for the Wildcats. He ran for an elite 1430 yards on 270 attempts for an impressive 5.3 ypc, with 8 TDs, with one fumble. As a receiver he made 43 receptions for 373 yards.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Flashes initial burst and good lateral quickness to sidestep defenders or bounce runs outside with very good foot quickness. Displays very good feel as an inside and outside runner with above average vision to make sharp cuts - good patience· and footwork to pick through defenses.
- He’s decisive once Vaughn locates a hole and gets through quickly. His ability to accelerate and his good top-end speed allow him to outrun angles, and he has the quickness and lateral agility to make defenders miss in space.
- His competitiveness and knack for high-pointing the ball allow him to play bigger than his size.
- Vaughn is elite as a receiver. He runs routes as well as most receivers and has natural hands, snatching the ball away from his body.
- He has very good vision and patience to pick through defenses.
- Once he plants his foot, he’s explosive moving upfield, and his 0-to-60 acceleration is enough to catch defenses off-guard.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- He’s limited to cut blocks when it comes to blitz pickups.
- Vaughn doesn’t offer a ton of wiggle, and in college, Vaughn often sought out contact rather than avoiding it.
- Size is an obvious issue. he will never be able to do anything between the tackles, and he will likely be limited to a lot of gadget plays like fly sweeps.
Deuce Vaughn percentiles vs other Running Back's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Deuce Vaughn (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank