- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- While built more like a cornerback than a safety, he has the vision, range, hitting ability, and ball skills teams want at free safety in the pass-heavy NFL.
- Savvy cover skills to recognize and anticipate routes. Understands what's coming and has good ball skills.
- Alert defender for zone coverage, showing good understanding of route progressions occurring behind him and a quick burst downhill to break on underneath passes in front of him.
- Aware zone cornerback who is also adept in man coverage, flashing physical hand punch at the line and straight-line speed to stay with receivers downfield.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Struggles to break down in space and can be a liability against the run at the second level.
- Not an explosive player and needs to show better bend and flexibility in his drops - plays too high.
- Needs work on backpedaling to prevent defenders from getting behind him.
- Fails to maintain inside technique in man coverage. Not a press corner.
How other scouting services rate Dishon McNary (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank