- Dips shoulder and moves his feet to get outside leverage when needed. Strong and low coming out of his stance, effective in short-yardage situations.
- Has broad shoulders and flashes the playing strength and power to overwhelm at the point of attack.
- Lone concern is handling the superquick NFL edge rusher. Foot speed and quickness are very good, but not elite.
- Big athlete with good bulk and a filled-out frame. Stays balanced and doesn't overextend in pass protection. Stays disciplined with good bend and leverage.
- Attacks his man, playing with a wide base and the lateral agility to mirror, sustain and shuffle to help inside. Has the size, strength and quick feet to be effective as a position run-blocker.
- Will punch at smaller defenders instead of latching on and is more of a mauler than mover in the running game. Can improve maintaining outside leverage when doubling the nose. Ducks his head and gets too upright, causing him to fall off second-level blocks.
- Whiffs on blocks after beaten initially and lacks range and lateral quickness. Plays too high and without proper leverage, pad level and can be passive.
- Needs to work on his technique in pass protection, using more consistent leverage and continuing to move his feet.
- Stops his feet after initial contact, relying on length but allowing defender to get the corner or spin inside.
- Loses leverage battles and plays with high pad level. Can be late off the snap.
How other scouting services rate Erik Swenson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank