- Shows quickness off the snap to shake off corners and create room. Separates with hesitation moves and nice acceleration.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Fluid athlete with explosive burst and speed to stretch the field and breeze past defenders. Has a quick first step and gets to top speed in a hurry.
- Very quick and elusive, excellent change of direction and acceleration, especially for a former track star.
- Plays fast and confident. Covers a lot of ground in the short half of the field and is slippery after the catch.
- He gets off the line with a nice burst and is very fluid in his movements with little wasted steps in his routes.
- An impressive athlete with very quick acceleration to reach his top speed quickly and stretch the field. Very good body control and smooth movements. Plays fast and explosive.
- Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield.
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
- Not a burner or consistent vertical threat. Has a lanky frame and will be overmatched physically by most cornerbacks in the NFL. Needs to be more competitive in tight coverage.
How other scouting services rate Gunner Romney (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank