Draft Profile: BioAt Eureka Senior High School Hassan Haskins helped lead Eureka to the Missouri Class 6A State Semifinals in 2017. He also rushed 255 times for 2197 yards and 31 touchdowns as a senior, averaging 8.6 yards per carry, and added 25 tackles with nine sacks and two fumble recoveries on defense. Haskins despite this was only rated as ESPN three-star recruit, the No. 52 running back nationally, and the 14th-best prospect in Missouri.
He joined Jim Harbaugh in Michigan and played sparingly as a freshman. As a sophomore in 2019, he appeared in all 13 games and also played special teams - rushed 121 times for 622 yards with four touchdowns wadded 40 yards receiving, and made three tackles on special teams to earn his second varsity letter.
As a junior in 2020 he appeared in all six games with two starts at running back and also played on special teams; led the team with 61 carries, 375 yards with a 6.1 yd AVG, and six touchdowns to earn his third varsity letter.
Haskins exploded as a senior racking up 1327 yds with a 4.9 AVG and added 20 TDs - he also had zero fumbles on the year. As a result, he received an All-American selection by the American Football Coaches Association (second team) and was a consensus first-team All-Big Ten selection.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Perfect size for the position - (6-1 220lbs) with a solid muscular build looks like he was carved out of stone
- Very physical runner; keeps his legs churning on contact. Rarely goes down with the first hit. Lowers shoulder into defenders and shows pure determination with natural running skills to break free and stiff-arm and spin move to dodge tacklers.
- Has decent hands despite not being utilized much in the passing game
- A real work-horse who gives it all on every play
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Possesses quick feet and some straight-line speed but doesn't have the elite burst to be a constant big-play threat. Improving patience as a runner, following pulling guards, and makes good decisions on his cut.
- Some decent tackle avoidance skills including an impressive ability to hurdle defenders
- A downhill runner who picks up momentum as he goes and does a nice job absorbing contact between the tackles - physical with good pad level.
- Demonstrated the ability to track the ball over his shoulder. Good flexibility and balance to adjust to the poorly thrown pass. Good vision and patience for screens
- Underrated blocker. Cognizant pass defender who is willing to meet a linebacker in the gap.
- Has the feet and feel running between the tackles and in the open field. He has very good vision and the patience to pick through defenses
- Has the good vision to find the hole and get North-South. Gets a good initial push and always seems to be falling forward for a positive gain. A hard runner with a workhorse-type back mentality.
- Became a much-improved run blocker and an excellent run blocker in 2021 - developed full-back like skills
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Not super explosive - demonstrated by his relatively pedestrian 40 time
- Despite his size he goes down easier in the open field than you would like
- Has little experience as a receiver and has a very limited undeveloped route tree
- Not a super shifty turn on a dime kind of player and doesn't possess the quickness to beat the quicker linebackers at the edge
- Not a quick-twitch athlete and is forced to gear down too much. Not very loose throughout his frame; looks tight redirecting. Will dance and leave his feet instead of taking what's there.
Scouting Report: SummaryHassan Hankins is a traditional big-bodied power back that can run through walls. He isn't flashy but he has skills as a blocker and as a short-yardage back. Hankins however isn't a threat as a receiver and doesn't have the speed to take it the distance around the edge.
We expect Hankins to be a solid if unspectacular pro who will likely carve out a nice career in a back rotation scheme. He'll likely be selected in the 4th or 5th round of the 2022 NFL Draft.
How other scouting services rate Hassan Haskins (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank