- Fundamentally sound and understands blocking angles, using body positioning to his advantage. Disciplined awareness and good intelligence.
- Feisty, tough and plays with a competitive attitude.
- Quick and nimble, light on his feet. Very athletic blocker on the move. Good slide and hand placement effectively shut down most speed rushers.
- Quick-footed with smooth movement skills to cover a large area. Rangy with above average lateral ability. Bursts off the snap and sets up quickly with little wasted motion.
- Quick out of his stance with the footwork to be effective in front of screens. Willing to get out in front of ballcarriers to take out defensive backs and linebackers.
- Not physically imposing and has average overall strength. Upper body gets over his feet too often and he easily loses his balance.
- Flashes the ability to move his man with his hands, but is not yet consistent in this area.
- Adequate initial burst should be far better and isn't good enough to consistently hold out elite pass rushers.
- Not an explosive athlete and has limited range. Will pop upright off the snap and needs to stay balanced, avoid the habit of lunging.
- Drops his head too often on contact, which causes problems against swim moves.
How other scouting services rate J'Atyre Carter (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank