- Trusts his eyes with very good awareness. Has very good reaction skills to break quickly on the ball.
- Aware zone cornerback who is also adept in man coverage, flashing physical hand punch at the line and straight-line speed to stay with receivers downfield.
- Alert defender for zone coverage, showing good understanding of route progressions occurring behind him and a quick burst downhill to break on underneath passes in front of him.
- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- A coordinated athlete with good footwork and balance. A heady cover player with above-average · feel and anticipation in space.
- Lacks ideal size and frame with limited measureables and short arms that render him helpless against bigger receivers.
- Has tense ankles and hips with choppy footwork when attempting to redirect and doesn't always look natural changing directions.
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit. Needs to show better tackling technique to consistently finish.
- Fails to maintain inside technique in man coverage. Not a press corner.
- He overcomes his lack of bulk with a sharp jaw and fighter's approach but can be overmatched against NFL-caliber #1 receivers.
How other scouting services rate Jack Jones (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank