Draft Profile: BioJake Haener from Monte Vista High High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Haener opted to join Washington.
In 2018 as a freshman Haener saw action in just 3 games for the Huskies as he threw for only 107 yards on 13 attempts with a completion percent of 69.2 for an average of 8.2 yards per pass, with only one TD, while taking one sack, and a decent QB rating of 87.7.
After the season Haener transferred to Fresno State where as a sophomore he played in 6 games as he passed for an impressive 2019 yards on 232 attempts with a completion percent of 64.7 for an average of 8.7 yards per pass, with a decent 14 TDs, while also taking 23 sacks, and putting up an impressive QB rating of 103.4. He made 42 runs for a total of 201 yards at an average of 4.8 per rush.
As a junior in 2021 Haener played a total of 13 games. He passed for an elite 4098 yards on 490 attempts and put up a completion percentage of 67.3 for an average of 8.4 yards per attempt, with an elite 33 TDs, and allowing 25 sacks, with an impressive QB rating on the year of 107.8. As a runner he logged 55 runs for a total of 195 yards at an average of 3.5 per run.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Good (not elite) arm strength and can easily make all the NFL throws with effortless deep passes.
- Ball placement is a strength. Haener has the natural instincts to make plays when forced to improvise.
- Very confident passer and shows good accuracy and feel when in rhythm. Showed better ball placement from past years and throws very catchable passes. Puts too much air in some of his throws and needs to show a lower trajectory on deep throws.
- Generally accurate on intermediate and short throws; flashes anticipation and placement on intermediate outs and the ability to lead receivers on deeper throws.
- Good zip and ball placement on the quick slant. Good touch down the seam and on post-corner, flag routes to attack the defense vertically and horizontally.
- Haener has a quick release and shows good accuracy on shorter throws when on the move to either side.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Slight frame with limited room for additional growth. Possesses an average arm that forces him to wind up to drive the ball longer than 15 yards.
- His arm is good but not great, and Haener loses accuracy and velocity when he is moved off his spot.
- Too often fails to give receivers a chance to make a play after the catch. High completion percentage padded by many quick screens.
How other scouting services rate Jake Haener (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank