- A coordinated athlete and tough player to tackle, running with low pad level. Has good body thickness and strength.
- A lean athlete with obvious upside. Soft hands. Flashes the ability to make the outstanding catch.
- Good short-area foot quickness with very good footwork.
- Good vision to set up blocks and while he isn't quick enough to elude in tight quarters, and take advantage of a defender leaning to spring for additional yardage.
- Gets a quick release off the line. Dips his shoulder and shows some savvy 8 as a route runner to avoid contact with defenders g to get into his route.
- Knee-bend and technique are good and he shows decent power when his hands hit the target.
- Catches well in traffic, shields the ball from defenders with his frame, and holds on despite being hit. Will fully extend, snatch, and stay in bounds.
- Only average lateral agility to elude and might not be fast enough to be a consistent threat down the seam against NFL competition.
- High cut frame and limited power in hands prevent a top blocking grade.
- Lacks the bulk strength to lock on and control NFL defensive linemen. Lower-body strength is questionable and limits his in-line blocking.
Jamal Pettigrew percentiles vs other Tight End's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Jamal Pettigrew (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank