Drafted: ROUND: 7 - Pick Number: 243 (KC)
- Shows good awareness, following the eyes of the quarterback and breaking on the ball with excellent quickness and aggression.
- Has an NFL frame with strong hands, the ability to close quickly on underneath routes and the size to tackle with a thump.
- Reads receivers' routes and anticipates throws at the first down marker. Covers a lot of ground in a hurry when in space. Reads the quarterback's eyes and sees the routes very quickly, then has straight-line speed to arrive with or just after the ball.
- Aware in the red zone, stays on the back line to take away fade throws. Capable of making quarterbacks pay for late throws.
- Flashes some physicality as a hitter.
- Lean, athletic build with plenty of room for additional muscle mass. Legitimate NFL-caliber athlete.
- Physical run supporter in the Antoine Winfield mold with short-area explosiveness to leave his mark on ballcarriers.
- Takes accurate angles to the ballcarrier. A strong, aggressive tackler and doesn't back down against the run.
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit. Needs to show better tackling technique to consistently finish.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
Jaylen Watson percentiles vs other Cornerback's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Jaylen Watson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank