Drafted: ROUND: 6 - Pick Number: 213 (ATL)
- Shows good effort as a blocker and works hard to gain body positioning.
- A savvy, reliable pass catcher with good body control and focus. Soft hands and has the hand-eye coordination to secure wild throws.
- He is a highly competitive player and quickly gets to the perimeter, blocking well in space and at the second level.
- Soft hands. Flashes good to very good tracking and overall body control to make catches outside of his frame.
- Excels finding soft spots in zone coverage and using his large frame to shield defenders.
- Lacks the bulk strength to lock on and control NFL defensive linemen. Lower-body strength is questionable and limits his in-line blocking.
- Inconsistent with his release off the line of scrimmage.
- Possesses only average straight-line speed and is a bit stiff as a route-runner, showing only average flexibility and burst out of his breaks.
- Struggles tracking the ball over his shoulder.
- A glider, moves faster than he appears but lacks the top-end speed to be a real threat down the seam.
John FitzPatrick percentiles vs other Tight End's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate John FitzPatrick (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank