- Alert defender for zone coverage, showing good understanding of route progressions occurring behind him and a quick burst downhill to break on underneath passes in front of him.
- While built more like a cornerback than a safety, he has the vision, range, hitting ability, and ball skills teams want at free safety in the pass-heavy NFL.
- Stout and feisty. Will engage, shed and securely wrap the ballcarrier. Very fluid hips, backpedal and change-of-direction agility.
- Good agility and balance when shadowing his target. Competitive player.
- Quicker than he is fast but has a burst to close in zone coverage and plays physical at the line in man.
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit. Needs to show better tackling technique to consistently finish.
- Will slip off tackles and needs to finish more consistently.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Needs to get stronger. Too easily lost in the trash. Not a sudden athlete and shows body stiffness when attempting to quickly redirect.
- Takes poor angles on the ball and lacks the pure speed to chase down the ballcarrier.
How other scouting services rate Josh Jobe (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank