- Has a naturally wide base, thickly build and good length. Long legs to cover a lot of ground with his initial kick slide. Has the quickness to set up quickly with enough lateral shuffle to mirror and mobility to get to the second level.
- Big athlete with good bulk and a filled-out frame. Stays balanced and doesn't overextend in pass protection. Stays disciplined with good bend and leverage.
- Attacks his man, playing with a wide base and the lateral agility to mirror, sustain and shuffle to help inside. Has the size, strength and quick feet to be effective as a position run-blocker.
- Anchors well and plays with the low center of gravity and natural bend to seal the inside lanes. Has violent hands with hustle to close off bubble screens and lead to flatten linebackers. Nasty demeanor and highly coachable.
- Anchors against larger defenders in the middle; resets hands to maintain distance. Athletic enough to help on nose tackle then pick up twist or late blitzer. Mirrors quick interior rushers. Looks to help the center when uncovered.
- Needs to work on his technique in pass protection, using more consistent leverage and continuing to move his feet.
- Not explosive in any aspect. Lacks the quickness to redirect and handle cut blocks. Unable to complete most combo blocks. Gets an initial shove at the line but doesn't move the second target. Poor body control and lacks accuracy blocking on the move.
- Lacks lateral agility, flexibility and footwork to start on the outside in the NFL.
- Struggles to get low enough to maintain leverage. Won't be able to cut more agile NFL linemen because he's not sudden and gathers before lunging.
- Carries sloppy weight and isn't an elite athlete. Poor balance with a bad habit of lunging, bending at the waist and spending too much time on the ground.
How other scouting services rate Julio Garcia (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank