- Has good awareness and quick feet. Fluid backpedal, aggressive attacking the receiver from the snap, and flashes spectacular ball skills.
- Tracks and plays the ball well, and has decent hands for the interception. Provides very tight man coverage with playmaking ability in zone.
- Rare hand-eye coordination and agility, vision and third gear to make a living in the return game.
- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- Should excel as a zone defender because of his closing speed to wrap receivers after the catch.
- Fits best in a zone system at the next level due to size and ability to close to the ball.
- Plays the ball as if it was thrown for him, showing burst back to the ball as well as good timing for the jump ball.
- Holds the ball loosely. Inconsistent in run support. Average tackler
- NFL quarterbacks may take advantage of his aggressiveness in man and zone to eye up short routes and go over the top
- Fails to maintain inside technique in man coverage. Not a press corner.
How other scouting services rate Kalon Barnes (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank