- Does a very good job of reading the eyes of the quarterback and reacting with good field awareness and ball skills.
- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- Patient and flexible in his drops and looks natural in space. Aggressive with an active playing style to work through the action - doesn't back down against the run
- Aware in the red zone, stays on the back line to take away fade throws. Capable of making quarterbacks pay for late throws.
- Versatile with experience as an in-the-box safety and in-man coverage.
- Will slip off tackles and needs to finish more consistently.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Has an NFL frame with strong hands, the ability to close quickly on underneath routes and the size to tackle with a thump.
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit. Needs to show better tackling technique to consistently finish.
- Has a high backpedal and loses a step in transition. Plays with adequate speed but there are concerns about his ability to handle the truly explosive speedsters of the NFL.
How other scouting services rate Leon O'Neal Jr. (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank