- Moves well and squares to finish on the move. Better anchor than his height suggests and capable of absorbing a punch and recovering quickly.
- Has average height with a narrow base out of his stance. Needs to get stronger in his lower half to anchor at the point of attack.
- Solid positional run blocker who flashes the nasty demeanor and killer instinct scouts covet.
- Dips shoulder and moves his feet to get outside leverage when needed. Strong and low coming out of his stance, effective in short-yardage situations.
- Finishes and doesn't quit; competitor with a positive attitude and leadership traits that coaches admire.
- Bends at the waist and loses leverage, also has a tendency to lunge and lean too far when flustered.
- Struggles to get low enough to maintain leverage. Won't be able to cut more agile NFL linemen because he's not sudden and gathers before lunging.
- Absorbs too many hits, delivers few. Technically unpolished and stops his feet on contact. Not a threat in space and lacks overall awareness.
- Finesse blocker with average arm length who doesn't use his hands well to win at the point of attack.
- Will punch at smaller defenders instead of latching on and is more of a mauler than mover in the running game. Can improve maintaining outside leverage when doubling the nose. Ducks his head and gets too upright, causing him to fall off second-level blocks.
How other scouting services rate Matt Bockhorst (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank