Drafted: ROUND: 6 - Pick Number: 187 (SF)
- Attacks his man, playing with a wide base and the lateral agility to mirror, sustain and shuffle to help inside. Has the size, strength and quick feet to be effective as a position run-blocker.
- Solid positional run blocker who flashes the nasty demeanor and killer instinct scouts covet.
- Dips shoulder and moves his feet to get outside leverage when needed. Strong and low coming out of his stance, effective in short-yardage situations.
- Best asset is his strength and disposition as a run blocker. Gives a strong initial punch. Plays with good leverage bends at the knees and sees what he's hitting, showing the ability to roll his hips into the defender and drive him off the line of scrimmage.
- Big athlete with good bulk and a filled-out frame. Stays balanced and doesn't overextend in pass protection. Stays disciplined with good bend and leverage.
- A short-area blocker with limited range and doesn't consistently get to the second level. Will play undisciplined at times, especially in space. Lacks a finishing attitude.
- Flashes the ability to move his man with his hands, but is not yet consistent in this area.
- Loses leverage battles and plays with high pad level. Can be late off the snap.
- Needs to work on his technique in pass protection, using more consistent leverage and continuing to move his feet.
- Heavy footed and lacks elite lateral ability- will struggle with speed rushers and footwork is a work in progress. Bends too much at the waist and overextends himself- often caught lunging and leaning.
How other scouting services rate Nick Zakelj (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank