- Gets everything out of his adequate size and frame with good length. Added bulk to his frame and flashes functional strength to get a good push in the run game.
- Solid positional run blocker who flashes the nasty demeanor and killer instinct scouts covet.
- Awareness is above-average for his limited experience. Sells trap block and can turn to seal. Fluid getting to and adjust at the second level.
- Anchors against larger defenders in the middle; resets hands to maintain distance. Athletic enough to help on nose tackle then pick up twist or late blitzer. Mirrors quick interior rushers. Looks to help the center when uncovered.
- Not to be bet against with the skills set to line up at guard or tackle. Could develop into a solid backup and eventual starter in the NFL.
- Very raw technique, playing with inconsistent hand placement fails to sustain blocks.
- Susceptible to speed rushers. Has only average quickness off the snap and doesn't possess the acceleration or arm length to corral defenders once they cross his face.
- Has only average measurable with limited arm length and no overpowering qualities.
- Drops his head too often on contact, which causes problems against swim moves.
- Lacks foot speed to be a major threat as a lead blocker outside. Inconsistent latching on and gets lazy, bending at the waist.
How other scouting services rate Nik Urban (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank