Draft Profile: BioRandy Charlton from Miami Southridge High School was rated a 3 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Charlton opted to join UCF.
In 2018 as a freshman Charlton saw action in 13 games and played on a total of 322 snaps for the Knights. He recorded 13 tackles, 6 assists, while adding 11 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 13 total pressures, which included 11 QB hurries, one QB hit, and one sack on the season.
As a sophomore for the Knights in 2019 Charlton played in 10 games and took part on 321 snaps for the Knights. He recorded 19 tackles, 5 assists, while adding 17 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 14 total pressures, and 12 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and no sacks during the year.
In 2020 as a junior Charlton played in 5 games and contributed on 210 snaps. He recorded 13 tackles, 3 assists, while making 9 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 17 total pressures, which included 13 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 2 sacks on the year.
After season's end Charlton transfered to Mississippi State where a senior for the Bulldogs in 2021 Charlton played in 12 games and took part on 501 snaps for the Bulldogs. He also added 20 tackles, 9 assists, and 19 stops. As a pass rusher, he tallied 31 total pressures, which included 23 QB hurries, 5 QB hits, and 3 sacks on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Relentless and strong off the edge as a pass rusher when fresh. Gets under the pads of tackles to bull rush them into the backfield.
- Easily gains inside leverage by shooting gaps.
- Challenges inside with quickness and strong hands. Run-and-chase defender who can leave a mark.
- Flashes strength at the point of attack with active, violent hand use. Forceful with his upper body to defeat blocks. Strong hustle player.
- Aggressive with good awareness to track the ball and attack. Tenacious, tough, competItIve and versatile.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Average athletically with average straight line speed and tight hips. Not a natural bender. Lacks secondary pass-rush moves.
- Misses tackles, even when he gets his hands on the ballcarrier. Needs to improve hand placement and technique.
How other scouting services rate Randy Charlton (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank