Draft Profile: BioRandy Charlton from Miami Southridge High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Charlton joined UCF.
In 2018 as a freshman Charlton saw action in 13 games and played a total of 322 snaps for the Knights. He recorded 13 tackles, 6 assists, while adding 11 stops. As a pass rusher, he added 13 total pressures, which included 11 QB hurries, one QB hit, and one sack on the season.
As a sophomore for the Knights in 2019 Charlton played in 10 games and took part in 321 snaps for the Knights. He recorded 19 tackles, 5 assists, while adding 17 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 14 total pressures, and 12 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and no sacks during the year.
In 2020 as a junior Charlton played in 5 games and contributed on 210 snaps. He recorded 13 tackles, 3 assists while making 9 stops. As a pass rusher, he produced 17 total pressures, which included 13 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and 2 sacks on the year.
After season's end Charlton transferred to Mississippi State where as a senior for the Bulldogs in 2021 Charlton played 12 games and took part in 501 snaps for the Bulldogs. He also added 20 tackles, 9 assists, and 19 stops. As a pass rusher, he tallied 31 total pressures, which included 23 QB hurries, 5 QB hits, and 3 sacks on the season.
In 2022 as a fifth year senior Charlton logged playing time in 12 games and logged a total of 498 snaps for the Bulldogs. He also added 22 tackles, 9 assists, and 21 stops. As a pass rusher, he tallied 16 total pressures, which included 12 QB hurries, one QB hit, and 3 sacks on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Strong tackler. Has good power in hands and can anchor, shed, and chase.
- His hand use is excellent; he’s strong in the upper body and consistently swats away blockers.
- Charlton has violent hands and consistently breaks away and disengages from blockers. He’s instinctive, reading, reacting and locating the ball quickly, and finishing plays as an authoritative, wrap-up tackler.
- Charlton explodes off the line with a quick first step, with agile feet to counter inside and closing burst to finish plays.
- Flashes strength at the point of attack with active, violent hand use. Forceful with his upper body to defeat blocks. Strong hustle player.
- He’s flexible enough to bend the edge, and he’s at his best when Charlton can use his quickness and change-of-direction abilities to counter back inside.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- With neither elite strength nor elite speed, Charlton lacks one standout trait.
- Charlton also shows some stiffness when trying to bend the edge, often getting pushed past the pocket — he seems more comfortable countering back inside.
- Charlton lacks the speed and range to consistently chase down plays in pursuit.
Randy Charlton percentiles vs other Defensive End's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Randy Charlton (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank