Draft Profile: BioSevyn Banks from Jones High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Banks opted to join Ohio State after being heavily recruited.
In 2018 as a freshman Banks saw action in just one game and played a total of one snap at safety for the Buckeyes. He recorded no tackles, no assists, while adding no stops. In coverage Banks notched up no pass breakups, no interceptions, and an outstanding QB rating when targetted of .0.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 11 games and logged 170 snaps for the Buckeyes. He made only 8 tackles, no assists, and had 3 stops. In coverage he totaled 3 pass breakups, one interception, and an outstanding QB rating when targetted of 2.8.
In 2020 as a junior Banks played in 8 games and contributed on 483 snaps. He chalked up 22 tackles, 3 assists, and added 3 stops. In the secondary Banks forced 6 pass breakups, one interception, and gave up QB rating when targetted of 102.7.
In 2021 as a senior Banks saw action in 8 games while playing 313 snaps. He logged 10 tackles, no assists, and made 2 stops. In coverage Banks had 2 pass breakups, no interceptions, and surrendered an unimpressive QB rating when targetted of 130.6.
After the end of the season Banks transferred to LSU where as a fifth year senior for the Tigers in 2022 Banks played in just one game and took part in 14 snaps for the Tigers. He logged only 3 tackles, no assists, and made 2 stops. In coverage Banks had no pass breakups, no interceptions, and surrendered QB rating when targetted of 91.7.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Explodes out of his backpedal and has exceptional closing speed, showing excellent timing and the ball skills to come up with the interception.
- He’ll line up in press at times, where Banks has a quick and powerful punch. His ball skills are good, and he plays with an extremely confident and competitive demeanor.
- Has a nice blend of length, speed, and quickness. He’s at his best mirroring routes underneath, showing fluid movement skills and the ability to change directions on a dime.
- Effective out of the slot, showing the instincts and quickness to mirror when the receiver has a two-way go. Banks has good instincts and awareness when playing off, showing good route recognition and anticipation when breaking on the ball.
- Takes accurate angles to the ballcarrier. A strong, aggressive tackler and doesn't back down against the run.
- Plays with the natural balance and ultra-quick feet to mirror underneath, and he’s tremendous at reading routes and reading quarterbacks.
- Has explosive movement skills and the fluid athleticism and change-of-direction ability to come down and cover slot receivers.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- He’ll draw plenty of flags early on with his playing style. Banks is hesitant when facing the action in zone coverage.
- Banks runs well, but Banks doesn’t have elite recovery speed.
- Has poor recognition skills when facing the action in zone coverage.
Sevyn Banks percentiles vs other Cornerback's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Sevyn Banks (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank