Draft Profile: BioSevyn Banks from Jones High School was rated a 4 star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4 star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school Banks opted to join Ohio State.
In 2018 as a freshman Banks saw action in one game and played on a total of one snap for the Buckeyes. He recorded no tackles, no assists, while adding no stops. In coverage Banks notched up no pass break ups, no interceptions, and a QB rating when targetted of .0.
As a sophomore for the Buckeyes in 2019 Banks played in 11 games and took part on 170 snaps for the Buckeyes. He made 8 tackles, no assists, and had 3 stops. In coverage Banks totaled 3 pass break ups, one interception, and a QB rating when targetted of 2.8.
In 2020 as a junior Banks played in 8 games and contributed on 483 snaps. He chalked up 22 tackles, 3 assists, and added 3 stops. In the secondary Banks forced 6 pass break ups, one interception, and gave up a QB rating when targetted of 102.7.
In 2021 as a senior Banks saw action in 8 games while playing on 313 snaps. He logged up 10 tackles, no assists, and made 2 stops. In coverage Banks had 2 pass break ups, no interceptions, and surrendered a QB rating when targetted of 130.6.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Transitions well from coverage to close on the ball. Strong hands, quick reactions for the interceptions.
- With his length, athleticism, and natural ball skills, he will be highly valued by press cover teams and could earn a top 100 pick.
- Has good awareness and quick feet. Fluid backpedal, aggressive attacking the receiver from the snap, and flashes spectacular ball skills.
- Long-armed press corner with size, athleticism and ball skills.
- Savvy using his hands to get to the ball without drawing flags. Willing tackler and high-effort leader.
- Good instincts and anticipation reads and reacts with discipline. Dangerous with the ball in his hands.
- Strong hands to make plays on the ball, effective blitzer who shows well-coached technique and awareness.
- Has an NFL frame with strong hands, the ability to close quickly on underneath routes and the size to tackle with a thump.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Will slip off tackles and needs to finish more consistently.
- Receivers can arm-bar downfield to create separation. He's too often caught peeking in the backfield and gives ground on double moves.
How other scouting services rate Sevyn Banks (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank