Draft Profile: BioShaun Shivers from Chaminade-Madonna Prep High School was rated a 4-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 4-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Shivers joined Auburn.
In 2018 as a freshman Shivers saw action in 13 games for the Tigers as he ran for a decent 371 yards on 70 attempts for an impressive 5.3 yards per carry, with 3 TDs, with one fumble. As a receiver he made only 2 receptions for -8 yards.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played 12 games. and rushed for a decent 282 yards on 56 carries for a decent 5.0 ypc, with 3 TDs, with one fumble. In the passing game he pulled in only 4 receptions for one yard.
In 2020 as a junior Shivers saw action in 8 games for the Tigers. He ran for a decent 276 yards on 62 attempts for a decent 4.5 ypc, with one TD, with one fumble. As a receiver he made only 10 receptions for 55 yards.
As a senior in 2021 he played in 10 games and ran for only 84 yards on 13 carries for an elite average of 6.5 ypc, with one TD, with no fumbles. In the passing game he had 23 receptions for only 166 yards.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Shivers shows creativity and escapability in space, with good speed once he’s in the open field.
- He’s a quality receiver with soft hands, and Shivers shows a good feel for catching and transitioning upfield in the screen game.
- He shows good vision and good explosion upfield once he plants his foot. He has lateral movement skills and enough speed to threaten big plays. He’s excellent in the passing game, capable of flexing out as a receiver and creating mismatches against linebackers, and he’s a solid back in the screen game.
- He’s not for everyone, but he is an electrifying playmaker and has a chance to be an impact player in a limited role at the next level.
- He has very good vision and a knack for picking out cut-back lanes and then breaking offchunks of yardage.
- He is elite as a receiver. Shivers runs routes as well as most receivers and has natural hands, snatching the ball away from his body.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Does not always show a burst in the box, anticipates contact. Can get I turned easily on draws and inside isolation plays, shuffling and failing to restart momentum. Power in his cuts has been inconsistent. Tripped upon first contact.
- He’ll be coming to the NFL from a wide-open spread offense in which Shivers ran a limited route tree.
- He’s elusive with the ball in his hands, but he won’t break a lot of tackles. Because getting separation is going to be an issue, he’s likely going to need to line up off the line of scrimmage.
How other scouting services rate Shaun Shivers (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank