Drafted: ROUND: 6 - Pick Number: 221 (SF)
- Tough in run support and works hard to get off blocks. Hard-nosed player who attacks the run and doesn't back down.
- Good strength to tackle. Plays with high energy and is a tough-minded overachiever.
- Has at least adequate straight-line speed and good balance, fluidity to change direction.
- Attacks the ball with authority, with quick read-and-react ability. Willing and physical tackler, flashes toughness and aggressive nature vs. the run.
- Aware zone cornerback who is also adept in man coverage, flashing physical hand punch at the line and straight-line speed to stay with receivers downfield.
- Inconsistent getting off of blocks. Can be a step slow to react when a quarterback comes back to his side of the field late in progression.
- Questionable technique and he gets lazy with fundamentals, sometimes getting high in his backpedal and will breach the coverage call seeking flashy plays
- Vulnerable to big plays trying to bait the quarterback.
- Undisciplined, with inconsistent tackling technique, and does a poor job finishing in space. Suspect ball skills and can be eliminated from the play by a single blocker.
- Lacks instincts with shaky awareness, is overaggressive and too often bites on fakes and misdirection.
How other scouting services rate Tariq Castro-Fields (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank