Draft Profile: BioAfter high school, DeMorat opted to join Fordham.
In 2019 as a freshman DeMorat saw action in 4 games for the Rams as he threw for a solid 932 yards on 143 attempts with a completion percent of 58 for an average of 6.5 yards per pass, with just 6 TDs, while taking 18 sacks, and a solid QB rating of 79.9.
In 2020 as a sophomore he played in just 3 games as he passed for a solid 1039 yards on 129 attempts with a completion percent of 72.1 for an average of 8.1 yards per pass, with just 5 TDs, while also taking 5 sacks, and putting up an excellent QB rating of 99.0.
As a junior in 2022 DeMorat played a total of 12 games. He passed for an outstanding 4885 yards on 503 attempts and put up a completion percentage of 64.8 for an average of 9.7 yards per attempt, with an outstanding 56 TDs, and allowing 15 sacks, with an outstanding QB rating on the year of 125.4. As a runner he logged 27 runs for a total of 163 yards at an average of 6.0 per run.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Mentally, DeMorat was able to make checks at the line of scrimmage and manage the run game.
- DeMorat has a quick release and a live arm, delivering tight spirals, and he shows good touch at the intermediate levels
- Gets the ball out quickly, making ·splitsecond decisions. Good short to intermediate level accuracy, demonstrating the ball placement to allow receivers to run after the catch.
- Sees the field very well when the play breaks down and occasionally changes plays at the line.
- Athletic quarterback who is a threat to leave the pocket and gain positive yardage at any time. Possesses very good vision balance, elusiveness and deceptive speed and power as a runner.
- Physically, he is a natural athlete who plays with the balance and light feet to float in the pocket.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Erratic passer who struggles with consistent ball placement - has a tough time fitting passes into tight windows.
- He’s more comfortable throwing deep outside the numbers than working the middle of the field.
- DeMorat often holds the ball too long. While DeMorat keeps his eyes up while moving, his mechanics get increasingly sloppy once he’s pushed off his spot.
Tim DeMorat percentiles vs other Quarterback's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Tim DeMorat (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank