Drafted: ROUND: 5 - Pick Number: 169 (MIN)
- Has good straight-line speed with quick acceleration and a second gear downfield. Has a good-sized frame to add some bulk and get stronger.
- Has the feet and feel running between the tackles and in the open field. He has very good vision and patience to pick through defenses.
- Possesses quick feet and straight-line speed but doesn't have the elite burst to be a constant big-play threat. Improving patience as a runner, following pulling guards and makes good decisions on his cut.
- Flashes initial burst and good lateral quickness to sidestep defenders or bounce runs outside with very good foot quickness. Displays very good feel as an inside and outside runner with above average vision to make sharp cuts - good patience· and footwork to pick through defenses.
- Goes down too easily upon contact and needs to do a better job staying on his feet and anticipating hits. Needs to be more of a finisher and run with more purpose and determination.
- Offers little in pass protection and poor technique cut blocking, fails to do more than slow down blitzers by laying down in front of them.
- Not elite in his vision or strength, he has enough all-around game to be a three-down player at the next level
- Too indecisive and hesitant at the line of scrimmage.
- Does not always read blocks behind pulling guards. May not be big enough to move piles at the next level and has a tendency to bury his head too soon.
How other scouting services rate Ty Chandler (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank