- Has good vision to find the hole and get North-South. Gets good initial push and always seems to be falling forward for a positive gain. A hard runner with a workhorse-type back mentality.
- Well-built with a thick frame and powerful lower body which keeps his legs pumping through contact. Patient behind the line of scrimmage, allowing blocks to create openings, and looks for cutback lanes with accurate vision. Hits the hole hard and runs with power to get the tough yards and a physical attitude.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Shows a surprising burst to beat linebackers to the edge. Can plant his foot in the ground and explode, showing better straight-line speed than expected.
- Fights for extra yardage and is reliable in short-yardage situations.
- Poor acceleration and takes too long to get up to full speed - a slow starter with little burst.
- Too indecisive and hesitant at the line of scrimmage.
- A tall, upright runner who lacks great power as a runner. Not a quick-twitch athlete and is forced to gear down too much. Not very loose throughout his frame; looks tight redirecting. Will dance and leave his feet instead of taking what's there.
- Loses momentum when he gears down to change direction and it takes him a few steps to accelerate back to full speed. Appears indecisive; will dance too much at the line of scrimmage. Lacks natural playmaking ability.
- Lacks great speed to consistently threaten the edge and can be caught from behind. Indecisive when the hole isn't there.
How other scouting services rate Vavae Malepeai (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank