- Has smooth body control with the fluid ability to plant and redirect in any direction. Plays fast and decisive, arriving to the play with fierce intentions.
- Has a solid frame with a strong lower body and much improved bulk. Fluid and rangy with the coordination and loose hips to quickly change directions.
- Transitions well from coverage to close on the ball. Strong hands, quick reactions for the interceptions.
- Possesses a long, lean build and looks the part of an NFL safety. Highly aggressive coming up in run support, showing the burst to zip through gaps and make tackles behind the line of scrimmage.
- Has good trajectory assessment on the thrown ball, breaks quickly and has decent ball skills
- Has an NFL frame with strong hands, the ability to close quickly on underneath routes and the size to tackle with a thump.
- Needs to tighten his angles in pursuit. Needs to show better tackling technique to consistently finish.
- Needs to get stronger. Too easily lost in the trash. Not a sudden athlete and shows body stiffness when attempting to quickly redirect.
- Has poor footwork and feel in man coverage and is too hands-on when left on an island.
- An upright athlete who lacks ideal body flexibility and natural explosion to hold up in coverage or space.
How other scouting services rate A.J. Thomas (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank