Draft Profile: BioAaron Brule from Archbishop Rummel High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. After high school, Brule joined Mississippi State.
In 2018 as a freshman Brule saw action in just one game and played a total of 3 snaps at Linebacker for the Bulldogs. He recorded no tackles, no assists, while adding no stops.
As a sophomore for the Bulldogs in 2019 Brule played in 11 games and took part in 77 snaps for the Bulldogs. He recorded only 5 tackles, 2 assists, while adding 6 stops. As a pass rusher, he chalked up 5 total pressures, and 3 QB hurries, one QB hit, and one sack during the year.
In 2020 as a junior Brule played in 11 games and contributed on 719 snaps. He recorded 40 tackles, 23 assists while making 25 stops. In coverage Brule chalked up 2 pass breakups, no interceptions, and a solid QB rating when targetted of 80.7. As a pass rusher, he produced 40 total pressures, which included 30 QB hurries, 5 QB hits, and a decent 5 sacks on the year.
In 2021 as a senior Brule logged playing time in 12 games and logged a total of 514 snaps for the Bulldogs. He also added 28 tackles, 14 assists, and 21 stops. While in coverage Brule made no pass breakups, no interceptions, and QB rating when targetted of 96.2. As a pass rusher, he tallied 27 total pressures, which included 23 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and one sack on the season.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- A bit stiff but makes the clean open-field tackle. Good effort in pursuit.
- An aggressive run defender, filling run lanes hard, and won't shy from contact. Plays with violence to fight off blocks, flashing a physical nature. An intense, powerful hitter who willingly gives up his body.
- Plays fast, flows with the action, showing smooth lateral agility and short-area burst. Has good instincts and awareness to quickly find the ball.
- Brule has an excellent feel for working off blockers and knowing how and when to counter as the play goes on.
- Brule can move laterally and chase in pursuit. A tough, violent tackler with a non-stop motor, Brule also shows good awareness when dropping into coverage.
- Intelligent player who can play "MIKE" linebacker despite his lack of size because of his instincts and ability to find the ball in traffic.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Brule lacks the speed of a chase and- tackle guy. He lacks twitch as a pass rusher and lacks the feet and flexibility to threaten around the edge.
- He’ll have some issues if asked to take on blocks, but Brule also lacks the kind of sideline-to-sideline range you can build a defense around.
- Doesn’t play with a physical edge. Brule too often wants to run around the edge, and he has trouble disengaging when an offensive lineman can get into his frame.
How other scouting services rate Aaron Brule (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank