- He is quicker than fast and lacks elite wheels to simply blow by defenders, but he has good football speed.
- Balanced, savvy route runner with top field awareness, setting up and selling routes beautifully.
- Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield.
- Has a knack for getting open and is a quarterback's best friend - passers just need to toss the ball in his area and he'll come down with it.
- Often used on deep routes, getting separation down the sideline or over the middle on crossing routes by extending his arms rather than pure speed.
- Needs to refine his routes and become a better all-around receiver. Has some ball security concerns. Durability concerns because of his size.
- Has only average height and overall length. Lacks initial burst off the line of scrimmage and has more build-up speed than track wheels. Limited explosiveness and flexibility and will struggle to separate against pro defensive backs
- Doesn't have the size to consistently win on the outside, but can be productive working the middle of the field and as a return man.
- Does not own elite speed. Freezes at times when trying to juke defenders in space. Walls off his man as a blocker, allowing them to shed and make the play outside.
- Doesn't look like much physically with a smallish frame and little room to get much bigger
How other scouting services rate Bo Melton (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank