Drafted: ROUND: 7 - Pick Number: 248 (HOU)
Draft Profile: BioBrandon Hill attended Wekiva High School and was rated a 3-star prospect by 247 Sports with a scout's rating of 0.870, going unranked by ESPN. Following high school, Hill opted to join Pittsburgh after being heavily recruited.
In 2019 as a freshman Hill saw action in just 2 games and played a total of 3 snaps at cornerback for the Panthers. He recorded no tackles, no assists, while adding no stops. In coverage Hill notched up no pass breakups, no interceptions, and an elite QB rating when targetted of .0.
As a sophomore in 2020 he played in 9 games and logged 265 snaps for the Panthers. He made 19 tackles, 10 assists, and had 9 stops. In coverage he totaled no pass breakups, one interception, and QB rating when targetted of 105.4.
In 2021 as a junior Hill played in 14 games and contributed on 796 snaps. He chalked up solid 52 tackles, 21 assists, and added 12 stops. In the secondary Hill forced 6 pass breakups, 2 interceptions, and gave up a disapointing QB rating when targetted of 123.2.
In 2022 as a senior Hill saw action in 12 games while playing 707 snaps. He logged 50 tackles, 13 assists, and made 15 stops. In coverage Hill had 2 pass breakups, no interceptions, and surrendered a QB rating when targetted of 103.9.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Considering his size he's decent in run support, a physical hitter who could also get a look at safety
- Has quick feet and excellent change-of-direction ability, capable of mirroring quickness underneath.
- Plays with high energy and is a tough-minded overachiever.
- Has a powerful punch at the line of scrimmage and can deliver it while moving his feet. Hill also has the powerful core and hips to stick to a receiver downfield and escort him to the sideline
- Hill tracks the ball well and does a nice job of getting his head around in plenty of time to avoid flags.
- Shows good instincts when facing the action in zone coverage, and Hill has solid ball skills.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Has poor recognition skills when facing the action in zone coverage.
- Will slip off tackles and needs to finish more consistently.
- Hill might have to add some weight at the next level in order to become more physical.
Brandon Hill percentiles vs other Safety's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Brandon Hill (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank