- Passes the eye test - impressive frame, thick lower half and overall length.
- Effective in space and usually drops his hips to get leverage and sustain against shorter defenders.
- Dips shoulder and moves his feet to get outside leverage when needed. Strong and low coming out of his stance, effective in short-yardage situations.
- Has the length to recover when beaten but does lose balance when he doesn't bend at his knees. Has a good anchor and hustles to stay alive.
- Best asset is his strength and disposition as a run blocker. Gives a strong initial punch. Plays with good leverage bends at the knees and sees what he's hitting, showing the ability to roll his hips into the defender and drive him off the line of scrimmage.
- Struggles to get low enough to maintain leverage. Won't be able to cut more agile NFL linemen because he's not sudden and gathers before lunging.
- Attacks when necessary, though he won't consistently dominate and can lose balance overextending.
- Flashes the ability to move his man with his hands, but is not yet consistent in this area.
- Needs to work on his technique in pass protection, using more consistent leverage and continuing to move his feet.
- Has inconsistent footwork and body positioning and needs to improve his blocking angles.
Caleb Jones percentiles vs other Offensive Tackle's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Caleb Jones (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank