Drafted: ROUND: 7 - Pick Number: 230 (WSH)
- Best asset is his strength and disposition as a run blocker. Gives a strong initial punch. Plays with good leverage bends at the knees and sees what he's hitting, showing the ability to roll his hips into the defender and drive him off the line of scrimmage.
- Has the feet to adjust when he anticipates what's coming. Effective trapping and bends at the knees with adequate core strength to absorb the bull rush. Can clear a path at the second level if he hits the target.
- Dips shoulder and moves his feet to get outside leverage when needed. Strong and low coming out of his stance, effective in short-yardage situations.
- Solid positional run blocker who flashes the nasty demeanor and killer instinct scouts covet.
- Above-average football smarts and general intelligence. Plays with a nasty streak. Solid character and work ethic.
- Susceptible to speed rushers. Has only average quickness off the snap and doesn't possess the acceleration or arm length to corral defenders once they cross his face.
- A short-area blocker with limited range and doesn't consistently get to the second level. Will play undisciplined at times, especially in space. Lacks a finishing attitude.
- Heavy footed and lacks elite lateral ability- will struggle with speed rushers and footwork is a work in progress. Bends too much at the waist and overextends himself- often caught lunging and leaning.
- Loses leverage battles and plays with high pad level. Can be late off the snap.
- Whiffs on blocks after beaten initially and lacks range and lateral quickness. Plays too high and without proper leverage, pad level and can be passive.
Chris Paul percentiles vs other Offensive Tackle's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Chris Paul (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank