Drafted: ROUND: 4 - Pick Number: 136 (CIN)
- Anchors against larger defenders in the middle; resets hands to maintain distance. Athletic enough to help on nose tackle then pick up twist or late blitzer. Mirrors quick interior rushers. Looks to help the center when uncovered.
- Effective in space and usually drops his hips to get leverage and sustain against shorter defenders.
- Finishes and doesn't quit; competitor with a positive attitude and leadership traits that coaches admire.
- Plays with appropriate wide base and intelligence, instincts and agility to seal the edge. Aggressive extending with power to punch and looks comfortable in space.
- Dips shoulder and moves his feet to get outside leverage when needed. Strong and low coming out of his stance, effective in short-yardage situations.
- Isn't an elite quick-twitch blocker and his height causes him to be out-quicked. Leaks inside pressure when his technique gets sloppy.
- Loses leverage battles and plays with high pad level. Can be late off the snap.
- Needs to work on his technique in pass protection, using more consistent leverage and continuing to move his feet.
- Whiffs on blocks after beaten initially and lacks range and lateral quickness. Plays too high and without proper leverage, pad level and can be passive.
- Height can be a detriment in short-yardage, defender can get under his pads to hold the line.
Cordell Volson percentiles vs other Offensive Tackle's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Cordell Volson (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank