Drafted: ROUND: 6 - Pick Number: 216 (IND)
- Strength gives ends a chance to twist inside and linebackers free lane to the passer on blitzes.
- Played with good leverage, even on the nose, despite average bulk. Hustle defender with a good bull rush inside that can close and get home when quarterbacks leave the pocket.
- Can make the impressive chest-to-chest bear hug tackle in the hole due to his ability to wreak havoc in the backfield.
- Delivers a strong punch and uses his hands to shed blocks to make plays in the hole or outside the box. Uses lower-body strength to anchor inside.
- Played with lean and leverage against the run, tough for one man to move (sometimes double-teams, too).
- Isn't able to consistently shed blocks and makes plays in the hole.
- Only adequate burst off the snap even when directly over the ball, and his initial pop leaves room to be desired.
- Might be limited to one-gap systems. Agility isn't a question but misses tackles when he doesn't square and break down.
- Sees the ball well but is stuck on blocks when head-up; does not shed to make plays often enough.
- Hands could be much more violent when trying to gain control of the block. Does not hold his ground while facing a double-team; first instinct is to roll away to make a play, which can create a large hole.
How other scouting services rate Curtis Brooks (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank