- Has the strong hands any NFL wide receiver coach and quarterback would covet. Tracks the deep ball over either shoulder and brings in passes fluidly without breaking stride downfield.
- He catches the ball with his large, soft hands and is tough. Deceptive jets and a smooth route runner.
- Does a nice job locating and tracking deep passes and is a legitimate vertical threat. Willing to go up and attack the ball.
- Has long arms to stiff-arm defensive backs in the open field. Willing to lower his pads to run through tackles for extra yardage. Goes over the middle, can spin out of tackles and take the big hit.
- Does not possess top breakaway speed, though he's rarely caught from behind.
- Does not have exceptional straight-line speed but takes advantage of open seams when his quarterback is on target.
- Good quickness off the line. Has size and quickness to get off NFL press.
- Generally reliable receiver capable of making difficult catches in traffic over the middle or one on one down the sideline.
- Comes off the snap high and upright, and doesn't get to top speed quickly. Not sudden or elusive.
- Does not always use his hands to secure deep throws, allowing the ball into his pads and chest.
How other scouting services rate David Bell (Overall Rank)