- Best on the outside because of his height and athleticism, but is capable of blocking on the move.
- Dips shoulder and moves his feet to get outside leverage when needed. Strong and low coming out of his stance, effective in short-yardage situations.
- Eases out of his stance and has a finisher's mentality. Bends his knees, has above-average mobility and keeps his base square to adjust to counters.
- He has the quickness and growth potential, long arms and powerful base to be one of the most popular players in predraft film sessions. If he impresses in private workouts, he could climb draft boards.
- Effective in space and usually drops his hips to get leverage and sustain against shorter defenders.
- A short-area blocker with limited range and doesn't consistently get to the second level. Will play undisciplined at times, especially in space. Lacks a finishing attitude.
- Susceptible to speed rushers. Has only average quickness off the snap and doesn't possess the acceleration or arm length to corral defenders once they cross his face.
- Height can be a detriment in short-yardage, defender can get under his pads to hold the line.
- Needs to work on his technique in pass protection, using more consistent leverage and continuing to move his feet.
- Has inconsistent quickness and lacks the natural burst to maintain balance and block in space. Extends his arms, but has soft hands and doesn't jolt rushers.
How other scouting services rate David Kroll (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank