- Quick to read run, showing good agility and speed to get past blockers and finish. Experienced in coverage and gets a strong jam on outside receivers.
- Intelligent player who can play "MIKE" linebacker despite his lack of size because of his instincts and ability to find the ball in traffic.
- Can attack the edge with speed and has the flexibility to dip low and under the tackle's reach.
- Work in progress as a pass rusher, with upfield burst and flexibility to dip and scrape.
- Looks the part. Good height and a thick, muscular build. Long arms. Good overall athleticism and straight-line speed.
- Lacks functional strength to shed and take on blocks at the point of attack.
- Can be too hesitant when he doesn't find the ball immediately.
- His lateral agility and burst often put him in position to make big plays, but he takes questionable routes to the ball and struggles to avoid blockers when in pursuit.
- Saught looking into the backfield occasionally instead of getting to the receiver in the flat. Leaves his feet at times while tackling, and NFL backs will take advantage of that.
- Lacks the strength to blow up fullbacks and bulk/length to prevent getting engulfed by better linemen at the second level.
How other scouting services rate DeAndre Square (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank