Draft Profile: BioDonovan Jennings from Gaither High School was rated a 3-star recruit by ESPN and handed a 3-star grade by 247 Sports. Following high school, Jennings opted to join South Florida.
In 2018 as a freshman Jennings saw action in 10 games and played a total of 396 snaps for the Bulls. He allowed 12 QB hurries, 2 QB hits, and one sack while playing at left tackle.
As a sophomore in 2019 he played in 10 games and a total of 541 snaps. He conceded 9 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and one sack while playing most of his snaps at left tackle.
In 2020 as a junior Jennings saw action in 7 games and totaled 479 snaps. He gave up 5 QB hurries, one QB hit, and one sack while playing at left tackle.
In 2021 as a senior Jennings saw action in 12 games and played a total of 819 snaps for the Bulls. He allowed 11 QB hurries, no QB hits, and 3 sacks while playing at left tackle.
In 2022 as a fifth year senior Jennings saw action in 4 games and played a total of 216 snaps for the Bulls. He allowed just 3 QB hurries, 3 QB hits, and no sacks while playing at left tackle.
Scouting Report: Strengths
- Plays with appropriate wide base and intelligence, instincts and agility to seal the edge. Aggressive extending with power to punch and looks comfortable in space.
- Showing some nastiness to his game, Jennings will sustain blocks through the whistle, thriving when he’s in the phone booth.
- Good natural athleticism, knee bend and fluid lateral movement to mirror college defensive ends.
- Adequate foot quickness to remain outside. Can get to the second level with surprising agility when adjusting to moving defenders. Underrated athleticism, agility, balance, and even straight-line speed to contribute.
- Jennings does a nice job working with teammates to build the pocket, anchoring against bull rushers and displaying good awareness against stunts and twists.
- Consistently lands blocks at the second level, and he finishes strong. As a pass protector, he has violent, heavy hands. Along with a strong initial punch, he has the hand strength to grip and redirect pass rushers.
Scouting Report: Weaknesses
- Has fairly heavy feet, struggling to mirror against quicker defenders. Jennings lacks the range to get out as an effective puller, and Jennings can often look stiff when moving out into space and zeroing in on bodies.
- Has the traits to improve, but he gets impatient in his set, lunging and reaching, and generally playing with poor balance at times. Jennings is inconsistent with his kick slide.
- His physical gifts were enough to get by against collegiate opponents, but he had trouble with bull rushers when facing quality competition, which is potentially a problem in the NFL.
Donovan Jennings percentiles vs other Offensive Tackle's (NFL Combine historically - higher value represents better perfomance)
How other scouting services rate Donovan Jennings (Overall Rank)
All Scouts AverageOverall Rank
All Scouts AveragePosition Rank